At Six Degrees, our core business is in the sourcing and selection of talent for some of Australia's largest organisations. We utilise multiple sourcing strategies to unearth passive candidates, and have a first time fill rate of over 90% with some of Australia's top 100 employers.
We also have a number of value-added services including:
Inbuilt search and talent mapping
Our clients receive a level of service that involves all elements of our multi-sourcing methodologies. Our search process involves:
- Liaising with the client team and/or third parties to identify key contacts and networks.
- Utilising the broader network, (i.e. industry bodies, client networks etc).
- Website research.
- General research of the industry and employment category.
- Definition of the target market and identification of potential companies and candidates.
- Contact with potential candidates and building of referral points and networks.
Long list creation; mapping the market (providing targeted lists of names, position titles and companies etc.)
Talent mapping and researching the organisation (i.e. internal structure, divisions, annual reports, organisational charts etc).
- Cold calling, telephone interviews and qualifying prospective candidates.
- Short listing candidates (refining the long list with the client to result in a suitable interview list).
- Provision of written reports.
We can conduct confidential benchmarking surveys on behalf of our clients. For example, for a particular multi-national organisation we surveyed past and present employees to help them understand the issues and reasons why people were leaving their organisation.
Candidate surveys have been conducted to understand what issues they face and we have shared their responses with our clients.
We have also interviewed internal management teams for a number of our clients to benchmark them against the rest of the industry.
We do qualitative research and collect this information regularly.
We provide clients with regular consultative advice on market rates and salaries when recruiting specific roles.
Management networking forums - Six Degrees Thought Leadership Program
We have developed a series of industry-related seminars in conjunction with experts to truly add value across the Sales, Marketing, Retail, Supply Chain, Engineering and HR functions. We run these sessions on a monthly basis and they are an excellent opportunity for industry leaders to stay in touch.
Click here to learn more about our Thought Leadership Seminars.
Consulting and coaching
We provide a range of consulting and coaching services to key clients, such as:
- Interview training for line managers
- Team structure development advice
- Position description development, benchmarking and review and team structure development
- Conducting exit interviews
- Providing objective and professional career advice to employees
- Internal interviewing
- Internal management assessment and benchmarking against the external industry
- Market assessment reports / salary surveys
Advice and involvement in resource planning
We are committed to identifying and communicating any gaps in resources that we become aware of. We can also provide input into your resource management plan as appropriate.
We can create talent pools for our key clients and we often set up a separate database of potential candidates in readiness for upcoming roles.
Contribution to building and promoting our key clients' employment brands
We often contribute to the promotion of our key clients as employers and offer the following initiatives:
- Proactive feedback of anecdotal comments as to how the candidate market perceives key clients. This can be provided ad hoc, after each assignment and in quarterly reports.
- Facilitating candidate seminars and inviting key clients to present their values to senior or exceptional candidates.
- Develop a candidate briefing pack to help communicate a client's mission and values, which can be provided to candidates being interviewed for specific client assignments. This helps to promote the client's employment brand.
Our Recruitment Services I Thought Leadership Program I Why Use Six Degrees I Awards & Achievements I Clients we have worked with I Testimonials from clients