Mrs. Fields pops up
- Cookie chain, Mrs. Fields, has announced the opening of its first pop up store in Queensland’s Pacific Fair Shopping Centre.
- The development is part of the company’s strategy to build brand awareness and capitalise on consumer exposure as it updates its branding, and modernises its collateral to support the company.
Big W for sale?
- Private equity firms, including KKR & Co and TPG Capital, are reportedly interested in buying discount department store, Big W, from Woolworths.
- Bloomberg reports that investors have held early talks with Woolworths and the chain could be valued at about $1.5 billion.
- Woolworths chairman, Gordon Cairns, who was appointed in August, is currently leading the search for a new CEO for the supermarket giant.
Australia Post partners with Temando
- Shipping and fulfilment software platform, Temando, will integrate its services with Australia Post to streamline access to its premium delivery services and provide intelligent, cost effective shipping solutions to retailers.
- As part of the new partnership, Temando connects with any online store to allow retailers to easily access Australia Post and StarTrack services within their chosen e-commerce platforms.
Uniqlo sponsors Australian Masters
- Uniqlo has been named as official sponsor of the Australian Masters golf competition to be held in Melbourne during November 2015.
- “The Uniqlo Masters felt like a really natural fit for us and a great next step in supporting the wider Australian golfing community. We’re very excited to be partnering with IMG and the Victorian State Government on the 2015 Uniqlo Masters in our first formal event sponsorship in Australia,” said Uniqlo Australia CEO, Shoichi Miyasaka.
- The decision to partner with the Australian Masters further bolsters Uniqlo’s relationship with Melbourne, since choosing the Victorian capital as the location for their first Australian store.