ENERGIZER FULL TALENT SOLUTION
From July 1st 2015 Energizer Australia created two separate businesses to deliver dedicated expertise across two different consumer goods categories. Namely personal care products and household products. The Personal Care Division will be named Edgewell Personal Care and distribute brands such as Schick, Skintimate, Playtex, Stayfree, Carefree, Diaper Genie, Banana Boat and Wet Ones to name a few. The Household Product Division will retain the Energizer Holdings, Inc. name and logo anchored by the Energizer and Eveready brands.
From a consumer and customer perspective this change enables Energizer to further develop deep knowledge of two very different categories and markets, creating stronger, more sustainable insights led business strategies.
From an employer value proposition this means current and prospective employees are aligned with an organisation that has absolute focus on its core business with a defined corporate strategy. Employees are able to develop specific market and category knowledge and expertise and deliver more effective solutions for customers and consumers.
However an organisational change of this magnitude, whilst logical and exciting on one level, is challenging for some, particularly those whose roles may be narrowed in a new structure, or for those who do not cope well with change. Whilst impossible to accurately predict, it was critical that the company managed possible instability within its employee cohort through the change process, right up to the business separation, and indeed afterwards.
Six Degrees consulted to Energizer and recommended a full talent solution. In order to mitigate risk it was recommended that Energizer proactively build a talent pool of potential candidates in the most vulnerable areas, particularly in sales and marketing. This enabled the business to engage with and employ new talent quickly as and when an existing team member chooses to leave.
- Develop an attractive employee value proposition and communicate to market in order to attract the talent needed to drive transformational change
- Develop candidate briefing document to consistently and positively communicate the Energizer story
- Map the market and identify key talent
- Mitigate attrition risk by developing talent pools in key risk and investment areas meaning quick access to pre-assessed talent
Key consulting areas:
- Agree role and candidate profiles
- Prepare briefing document
- Brief Six Degrees consultants “think Energizer’ for all relevant talent
- Proactive searching and sourcing
- Assess against Energizer role profile / cultural fit
- Assess motivations and timing
- Approve for talent pool
- Create bespoke talent pool report
- Fortnightly reporting
- Contact talent pool fortnightly to asses interest and gauge changes
- Manage full process when required
- Positioned a positive employee value proposition for Energizer in key candidate markets
- Created talent pools of high-potential talent for Energizer
- Filled 15 new and key roles through the six month business de-merger period across sales, marketing, category and supply chain