- Autonomous role working in an innovative organisation
- Head office Based in Melbourne
- NW Suburbs location
About the client
Our client is a large services organisation headquartered in Melbourne with operations nationally. Having recently gone through a positive restructure they are looking to add a senior logistics professional to the management team.
About the role
Reporting to senior management, you will be responsible for running a large facility based in Melbourne NW suburbs with P&L accountability, customer management, health & safety & all warehousing and distribution activities. Leading a team of 4/5 direct reports and 50+ staff you will be responsible for delivering KPI's around cost management, safety, DIFOT, inventory accuracy and engagement.
- The development of your operations team to deliver on site and business objectives and build leadership for the future
- Working with the site managers nationally to deliver CI projects and improve the overall performance of the network
- Developing and implementing the strategy for the site around growth and profit
- Working with the wider business to expand the operation and integrate new targeted customers into the network
- Embedding the safety culture/policy to ensure a clear understanding of expectations across the site
Skills & Experience
You will be a proven logistics professional with exposure running a large operation with multiple customers with full P&L accountability. Experience ideally from both the 3PL and FMCG/retail industries you will have managed a complex site and experience integrating new customers into a network. You will also possess:
- Strong leadership and engagement expertise having built a leadership team in a 3PL environment and managed blue-chip customers/accounts.
- Experience working effectively with unions
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels of a business with the ability to influence senior management
- Ideally Degree qualification in Commerce or related field
- Negotiation and problem solving expertise in a challenging environment
- Very strong warehouse layout/design experience having delivered key projects in an operational environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this role simply click the APPLY button. For more information or for a confidential career discussion contact John Whitehead on 8613 3542.