About the company
This Australian owned building products wholesaler has a footprint on the Eastern Seaboard primarily service the residential builder market and are one of the largest players in their space. The business has complex channels to market, it's value chain including builders, trades, large national merchants and other stakeholders.
About the role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager will be responsible for driving profitable development and growth of the business and build effective and meaningful partnerships with customers, builders and influencers, within the market segment. You will influence all relevant stakeholders throughout the decision making process, the specification, supply and purchasing of the companies range of products and services. You will also be required to maintain and develop the technical specialist expertise, enabling support for customers, builders & sub-contractors.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role, which has career development potential, you will demonstrate:
- Have dealt with major merchants at a trade level such as IHG or Bunnings Trade etc
- Strong sales experience with a commercial acumen
- Outstanding track record of Business Development and or Account Management
- MUST have timber trade experience/technical knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
- You will be resilient, energetic and a strong business acumen
- Experience in a complex channel / value chain environment
- An absolute focus on the customer (including distributors, builders & trades)
- Highly organised, complex problem solving skills
- Keen to develop your career with a market leader
This is a family style culture where people care for each other, are committed to safety excellence and putting the customer at the centre of everything they do.
- Career pathway
- A competitive salary $100k - $120k base depending on experience + $20k car allowance + super + bonus
- A remit to be entrepreneurial
How to apply
If you would like more information please call Terence Craig on (03) 8613 3561 OR Click on the APPLY button