- $90-100K- based in North Sydney
- SAP logistics experience required
- Business partnering experience a plus
Looking for an all-rounder Accountant looking to add value through business partnering who has SAP experience within manufacturing, consumer goods, logistics, or distribution sectors.
About the company
Our client is a leading global manufacturing business with a small but profitable footprint here in Australia / NZ. The company is approximately $10M in revenue and continues to sell market leading products to their clients. Although a large company worldwide, they have kept their small family-owned business culture which is friendly, loyal, and collaborative. The small team of 24 in Australia is based in Frenchs Forest and is looking for an experienced Accountant.
About the role
This full-time, permanent position is based in Frenchs Forest, in the northern beaches of Sydney and is responsible for the day to day finance. This includes day to day finance for the NZ business as well as full payroll and stock accounting for both Australia and NZ businesses as well as additional finance support for the Australia business. This role's responsibility encompasses back up support to the Director of Finance and Operations, particularly in their absence. Experience with SAP R/3 including finance, logistics and sales distribution modules a must. Experience with business partnering and/or management accounting including reporting and analysis desirable.
You are CPA or CIMA qualified with experience working in manufacturing, consumer goods, logistics, or distribution sectors, with several years accounting experience, you have experience in supporting a business with business partnering or management accounting and would like to continue adding-value to the business in this area.
New Zealand Entity:
- Financial Accounting & Bank Reconciliations
- Debtor Management, Stock Management, Month End
- Pricing maintenance
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Asset Management
- TAX - GST, FBT and PAYE returns and payment to IRD
- Sales Analysis and ad hoc reporting as required
- Year End - Preparation of audit schedules and papers
- Stock Management, Sales Reporting
- TAX - BAS Return and payments to ATO
- Business credits and analysis, responsible for Intercompany charges
- Ad hoc business analysis and reporting
- Support Assistant Accountant with Financial Accounting & Bank Reconciliations
- Troubleshoot logistics problems for Customer Service and Warehouse
- Supply Chain and Customer Service support as required
- Payroll accounting and processing of Australia and New Zealand monthly payrolls
- Prepayment and accrual journals
- Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss review of New Zealand business
- Preparation and lodgement of Consolidated Financial Reporting of both Australia and New Zealand
- Month End business reporting and back up for Assistant Accountant and Finance Director
Skills and experience
- Essential -ERP experience in SAP (R/3 latest release enhancement package 8 for SAP ERP 6.0) : highly competent in modules - Finance (FICO), Logistics (Material Master MM) and Sales Distribution (SD)
- Accounting qualifications CPA or CIMA desirable, with at least on the job 5 years' experience
- Accounting standards and regulatory knowledge or awareness
- Manufacturing or similar background
- Reporting software experience, currently using Business Warehouse or similar tool
- Year End and Audit experience in a commercial business
- An eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills and consistent quality of work is required
- Great time management and efficient working practices
Due to the high volume of applications, those who are well suited to the role will be contacted only.