- Permanent / Part-Time (3 days pw)
- Looking for experience across AP, AR with stellar communications skills
- Based inner suburbs, Melbourne
Looking for an Accounts Officer with experience in AP and AR, with experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
About the company
Our client is a medium sized B2B professional services business.
About the role
This position is a permanent part-time (3 days pw) role reporting into the Finance Manager and responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable. This includes debt collection, reporting and advice to the business on status of outstanding debts and adherence to internal processes that ensures timely and accurate accounts payable information. This role encompasses creditor and debtor management including invoicing and following up with customers on all invoice queries as well as internal communication with colleagues on status of debtors.
You are proactive, can work autonomously and enjoy picking up the phone and speaking to our clients' customers and internal colleagues. You are a problem-solver and enjoy building relationships with those around you. With a collaborative frame of mind, you enjoy a high energy environment where a positive culture is at the heart of the business. You are open, friendly and enjoy helping your colleagues and go the extra mile.
Skills and experience
- A broad-based knowledge and experience of all areas of AP, AR, general ledger, and reconciliation
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of monthly payment runs and issuance of remittances
- A minimum of 3 years' experience fulfilling similar role requirements
- A solid understanding of financial principles, accounting and bookkeeping
- An eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills and consistent quality of work is required
- Great time management and efficient working practices
- Fantastic written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Xero advantageous