About the company
Our client is one of the largest community mental health providers in Australia, who have demonstrated time and again their ability to enter new regions and roll out new and critical mental health and wellbeing services. At a local level, they work in partnership with hospitals, clinics, universities, and community health services.
About the role
As the Advocacy and Partnerships Lead, you will influence key stakeholders to achieve outcomes on issues of importance facing the organisation and the consumers and carers it supports. You will do this through strategic engagement with partners and consumers, understanding the trends and pressures impacting government at all levels and using research and evidence to support the advocacy agenda.
The role will develop and implement the organisation's advocacy strategy, provide strategic advocacy advice to internal clients, senior and executive leadership team and the Board.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in fields related to advocacy, government relations, communications or policy development
- 8+ years of experience in an advocacy and/or stakeholder engagement role.
- Proven track-record in delivering impactful and effective strategic advocacy, preferably in a mental health, public health or not-for-profit setting
- Demonstrated experience in recognising and interpreting quality content for a range of different audiences
- Experience in working with executive teams and Boards
- Highly skilled in managing and working on multiple projects and priorities
- Proven ability to negotiate, motivate, develop and influence others towards common organisational outcomes
- Proven ability to partner with stakeholders and support them through change
- Understanding of stakeholder management platforms
As a mental health services provider, they understand that to provide the best possible service in this sector, they need to invest in their teams. They do that by prioritising culture, supporting their staff, and fostering an environment of learning and innovation. They proudly provide an inclusive environment that values and includes all background, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button now to submit your application. Kindly note, applications for this position will be reviewed the week commencing 17th January 2022. If you wish to discuss the position, contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 after that date.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.