AO6 Senior Business Development Officers (Far North Queensland)
- Contract up to June 2024
- $67.23 per hour + Superannuation
- Far North Queensland (Thursday Island / Cairns / Northern Peninsula Area)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Business Development Officer who will cover Indigenous Tourism Business Development in the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula area.
One role will be based on Thursday Island and another role based in Cairns and travel to the Northern Peninsula area office once a month.
As Senior Business Development Officer you will service and support emerging and established Indigenous Tourism businesses to explore and validate ideas, pivot operating models, find new markets, access government programs, and focus on sustainable growth.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Drive the future for Indigenous tourism in the region.
- Build a culturally trusted relationship with Indigenous people and liaise, negotiate, and develop effective networks with senior internal and external stakeholders (including government agencies, industry, and business associations) including Indigenous businesses, Prescribed Body Corporates, and other key stakeholders.
- Be the interface between Indigenous peoples/businesses and government for the commercial development of Indigenous tourism experiences.
- Help the Indigenous businesses and Indigenous experience sector with clear guidance on framing their vision and pathway to success and securing collaborators and support on that pathway.
- Showcase Indigenous tourism success stories including preparing case studies.
- Provide timely, high-level briefings, submissions, reports, correspondence, and presentations on a range of tourism policy and program issues to Senior Management, the Minister, other government agencies and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial business development.
- Experience in briefings, submissions, reports, correspondence within tourism policy.
- Experience as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person or candidate with a strong network of existing contacts within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business community and candidates with a strong understanding of the cultural and business practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, will be highly regarded.
If you think this opportunity sounds right for you, click APPLY NOW to send your resume in WORD format.
If you are open to hearing about new opportunities, feel free to get in touch or sign up for job alerts on our website.