- 3-6 month contract role / Immediate Start / Location: Canberra
- Secretariat within Governance and Risk Team
- Baseline Security Clearance, highly desirable
APS5/6 Governance Officer to provide secretariat and committee support as part of the Governance and Risk Team.
About the company
Our client, a federal government department that represents Australia's interest in the healthcare sector, requires an APS5/6 Governance Officer to work within the Governance and Risk team on a 3-6 month contract.
About the role
The Governance Officer reports to the Director, Governance and Risk to deliver the ongoing secretariat and governance processes for a number of high-level strategic committees. To be successful in the role, the Governance officer will have well developed organisational skills and writing skills.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of one, or more, Strategic Committees, including the management of the Forward Work Program, agenda development and recording the outcomes of committee meetings. This role uses effective organisation and administrative skills to support the governance processes of the departments senior Committees.
- Secretariat duties including minute taking and meeting preparation/organisation
- Organising meetings, agenda and documentation and recording meeting outcomes
- Project progress and performance tracking and reporting
- Record management
- Coordinating administrative processes
- Adhoc Secretariat duties
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- High level writing skills, including proof reading and editing with a good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and facilitate cooperation
- Experience with Diligent Boards is desirable, but not essential
This position will be based in Canberra, ACT and will be offered as an hourly rate contract (APS5 or APS6 equivalent) for a 3 to 6-month period. In addition, you will be an Australian citizen and hold a Baseline clearance or have the ability to obtain.