- 3 month contract role with opportunity for permanent
- Looking for experience across AP, AR - all-rounder bookkeeper/assistant accountant
- Approx $30-$35 per hour / Based in Port Melbourne
Looking for an Assistant Accountant with experience in logistics, manufacturing, transport industries who thrives in a small team and fast-paced environment.
About the company
This business is a true success story and they have grown exponentially over their short 5-year journey to date. They are an innovative supplier of equipment and consumables to the retail industry and due to this growth, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced assistant accountant with experience in logistics, manufacturing, transport on a short-term contract basis. There is possibility of a permanent role for the right person.
About the role
This position is a full-time contract role based in Port Melbourne. You will be responsible for the day-to-day account functions, this includes accounts receivable and accounts payable. This includes and is not limited to reconciling, BAS, batching, processing invoices and payments, general ledger management and supporting the Head of Finance. You are an assistant accountant who shows motivation and initiative when it comes to teamwork and collaboration. You are open, friendly and enjoy helping your colleagues and go the extra mile.
Skills and experience
- A broad based knowledge and experience of all areas of AP, AR.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an Assistant Accountant fulfilling similar role requirements
- A solid understanding of financial principles, accounting and bookkeeping
- Outstanding attention to detail and reconciliation skills (across various platforms and currencies)
- An eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills and consistent quality of work is required
- Great time management and efficient working practices
- Flexibility mindset in a fast moving environment