About the business
Six Degrees is a privately owned, Australian executive recruitment business who pride themselves on building an enviable culture of continuous improvement, and personal and professional development. With offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, we have an extensive track history partnering with many of Australia's leading small, medium and ASX listed organisations.
We believe our people are our most powerful asset, so it is our priority to ensure our people enjoy coming to work. But don't just take our word for it, Recruitment International has awarded us the 'Best Recruitment Company to Work for" two years running.
About the role
As we continue to grow and expand, the challenge of our Finance team is to continue to provide best in class support to our high performing sales function to ensure the business stays ahead of the curve. It is due to growth that we are seeking a Junior Management Accountant to join the business in a newly created role.
This role is charged with providing financial support and direction for the business to ensure efficient management of financial processes and activities. The Junior Management Accountant is a key support to the Finance Manager with the day to day and monthly finance transactions, processes and information capture and reporting.
- Assist in preparing and finalising the Month end accounts
- Preparation of Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain and update the Cashflow Forecast for the Company
- Review expense reporting
- Reconciliations of intercompany transactions
- Assist with the budget process
- Calculate and submit BAS and FBT for the entire organisation
- Ad hoc commercial analysis and reporting
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication
- Advanced Excel, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ideally you will have a minimum of two years' experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualified in Accounting or related field is a must.
- Recently completed CA / CPA or currently working towards completion
- Team player looking to advance experience and skillset
- Driven, can-do attitude and the resilience to manage changing priorities
Six Degrees values diversity and inclusion, and as such we offer a flexible workplace where everyone is appreciated, so if you are returning to the workforce in a part-time capacity, Six Degrees is open to this. Six Degrees also values life experience, as such volunteer work, and community engagement is encouraged.