About the company
Our client is a leading beauty services and retail destination, with an online presence and national store presence. This Australian owned business offers an unsurpassed range of leading brands whilst retaining an internal culture based on honesty and integrity. There is currently a rare opportunity to join the team in an Assistant category manager role.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Category Manager, you will assist them in sourcing new and upcoming brands in line with the category strategy as well as providing administrative support to the broader category and merchandise team. You will monitor sales and provide analytical reporting to assist the category managers to determine optimal range assortments.
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships
* Provide competitor analysis reporting
* Monitor and provide analysis to category team on performance of new brands
* Control stock file maintenance to ensure accurate trading terms and pricing data
* Liaise with e-commerce team regarding ranging and promotional activity
* Assist in the preparation of in store promotions and catalogues
* Support with ranging and place orders for new store openings
Skills & Experience
* Experience in a similar buying administrator or assistant role preferred
* Prior experience in retail is a must, ideally in an administrative role
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills
* Attention to detail and good time management skills
* Intermediate to advanced excel capability
Offering an attractive salary and incentive package with free parking, complimentary products, and product discounts. If you are a positive, solution orientated, driven individual with a genuine love for engaging with people in a vibrant and dynamic retail environment, then this role is for you.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion