About the company
Our client is a global player in the apparel space, who captures consumers of all ages. They are focused on driving innovation and engaging with their consumers in an authentic way. The is currently an opportunity to join their team in a business-critical role supporting their Merchandise team.
The Assistant merchant is an integral part of the local merchandising team, reporting into the Merchant Lead. You will lead the day-to-day functions involved with managing the product integrity and supports and creation and execution of consumer assortments. Assists one or more merchants, supports day to day functions involved with the development of regional assortments from inception to floor. Follows standard practices in maintaining data from which answers can be readily obtained.
* Range Management, build and maintain seasonal product integrity across multiple seasons
* Data and product life cycle management
* Assist in building local ranges for our Retail stores & Wholesale partners
* Assist and present ranges in major go-to-market customer meetings, assortment planning, catalogues, presentations & product expertise.
* Manage the flow & ordering of samples, photoshoot and marketing support and ensuring sample room is kept up to date.
* Act as a conduit of information, materials, and samples to cross functional partners
Skills and Experience
* Strong communication skills and detail orientated - includes presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
* Proficiency with MS Office applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Bachelor's degree preferred or 2 years work experience
* Pro-active, high initiative and motivated
* Analytically minded with the ability to report on and interpret data
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall, 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion