About the company
Our client is a market leader in the NZ and Australian sporting goods industry. They have a stable of leading brands and is continuing to grow its presence in the Australian market.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, you will work closely with our retailers and will be responsible for the development of the company's own branded products to increase market share and brand presence. You will develop the product portfolio for the Australian and NZ markets to support the retail marketing and distribution strategy and work with the sales team on developing and implementing, sales promotions and forecasting.
- Sourcing new products to complement existing range that is aligned with current market trends and consumer demands.
- Building and maintaining supplier, dealer and vendor relationships
- Developing and implementing a brand sales plan and strategy for Australian and NZ markets.
- Stock management - reviewing excess / tail stock on a monthly basis to ensure sales plans/initiatives are in place for sell-through.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field eg Marketing
- Prior experience in a similar role focusing on consumer hard goods or sporting equipment
- Strong product development and brand management skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data to make recommendations
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisation and planning skills
The company is proud of their interactive, collaborative and family oriented culture.
You will be a confident communicator and team player with exceptional negotiation skills who is able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities. You will be enthusiastic and customer centric in your approach, results oriented and pride yourself on your ability to think outside the box. You will enjoy working both autonomously to own your own projects and also within a team environment, working closely with multiple internal stakeholders.
- South Eastern Suburbs Location
- Great team oriented culture that promotes positive work life balance
- Opportunity to drive brand growth with a dedicated focus to owned branded products
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail or Digital feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!