Murdoch University's purpose is to be a creative force for current and future generations. The University has two core goals: to educate free thinkers who thrive in society and are sought after by employers; and to provide life changing solutions for the world's big challenges through our outstanding translational research and innovative practice.
With three campuses across Perth metro area and growing international centres including Singapore and Dubai, Murdoch University is committed to both domestic and international regions and enjoys strong relationships with government, industry and the community.
The Marketing and Communications Office (MCO) has a mission to inspire students to choose Murdoch. They drive brand, marketing and communications strategies to enhance the reputation of the University and attract students from across the globe.
Reporting through to the Director Marketing and Communications, the Associate Director Communications role is to position the University as a thought leader in study, research and in the community. The role manages all internal and external communications across a range of portfolios and faculties, as well as driving Murdoch's brand and reputation. Working collaboratively with Marketing, the Associate Director Communications will drive communications strategies that align closely with the University's goals to communicate proactively with students, academics, professional staff and the broader community. The role will also be responsible for delivering the communications for high profile research events to cement Murdoch's reputation for excellence.
In addition, the Associate Director Communications will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing University wide communications strategies for both internal and external audiences
- Deliver strong communications framework, including the development of corporate communications for both institutional and College levels
- Provide strategic advice to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and other senior leaders to ensure consistent messaging and strategic focus
- Develop strong relationships and create partnerships with different stakeholder groups within the university which drives collaboration
- Provide strong issues and crisis management to the Executive team for both domestic and international issues
- Drive awareness of research goals and outcomes nationally and internationally through strategic communications planning
- Develop a strong internal communications strategy which identifies new effective channels to reach internal audiences
- Manage all key agency partnerships including media buying
- Lead a small team of communications professionals to deliver a high performance culture
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Associate Director Communications must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or similar field
- Ability to develop both internal and external communications strategies and deliver to budget and time
- Proven experience managing teams to deliver high performance
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder groups using strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Track record delivering projects of communications which have tangible results for both reputation and acquisition
- Demonstrable record of managing issues in local, national and international media where required
- Ability to develop digital communications channels to have further reach across community
- Experience delivering high profile events
- Strong understanding of marketing principles, having previously worked alongside marketing teams
- Ability to be innovative with communications working within existing structures and budgets
Please click the Apply Now button or for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees Executive on 03 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. All direct applications will be forwarded for review.