Changing the world is not simple. It takes thought, time, persistence and insight. But most of all, it takes something extraordinary. So, at the University of Tasmania, we've made the pursuit of the extraordinary a never-ending commitment.
It influences everything we do. The way we teach. The way we research. The way we learn. And the way we live.
The Office of Marketing leads and manages the University's brand marketing activities, supporting the overarching objectives of the University Strategic Plan. It is responsible for the University's central marketing strategy, brand management and advertising services,
The Associate Director Marketing is a key role in the success of the University's marketing strategy. Reporting to the Executive Director Marketing, the role is responsible for representing and executing marketing programmes that caters to the needs of Colleges, Faculties and the Research Division. A pivotal part of the role will be managing a team of high performing professionals across category marketing, brand and digital, and drive innovation throughout the organisation.
In the role, you will:
- Create and deliver a strategic marketing plan for each College category
- Develop and lead an annual digital marketing plan
- Build the customer experience discipline to drive loyalty and advocacy
- Lead online marketing and communications, creating an engaging customer experience
- Drive innovation in market facing design, content and digital media
- Adopt a customer-centric approach to executive decision making
- Create brand guidelines for online content to ensure consistency across all channels
- Provide leadership, support and performance management to staff
- Manage key stakeholder relationships across the university to achieve quality outcomes
- Manage team budgets and have full financial accountability
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or a related area, or relevant marketing experience
- Proven track record in extensive team management
- Extensive experience developing customer-focused marketing and digital strategic plans
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and educate stakeholders on the importance of high-level marketing planning.
- High level understanding of leading a digital marketing function to deliver best practice
- Experience delivering quality marketing programs in a service delivery environment
- Demonstrated capacity for problem solving and analytical thinking
- Project management skills, delivering multiple projects concurrently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as negotiation skills
- Previous experience in higher education or services-based environments is desirable
- Ability to work in complex stakeholder environments
You will be employed on a full-time, ongoing basis at the University's Hobart campus.
How to apply:
Please click the Apply Now button or, for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.