Cancer Council Victoria is an independent charity, and the largest non-government provider of cancer research funds in Victoria. They have three important aspects of cancer control - research, prevention and support. Within Cancer Council Victoria is the Fundraising and Communications Division, responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community and to inspire support from the public. The Supporter Experience Unit is responsible for driving the highest standards of supporter relationship management across mass market fundraising activities, and importantly, manages bequests and estates on behalf of Cancer Council Victoria.
The Bequests and Estates Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic bequest program, including the identification and cultivation of prospects to build a healthy and sustainable portfolio of confirmed Bequestors and supporters. Leading a small team of dedicated professionals, the role will also oversee the management of Estates, developing relationships both internally and externally, and building strong associations with Donors, Supporters, Solicitors, Financial Planners and Wills Officers. This senior role is highly strategic and will play an active role in the Supporter Experience Senior Leadership Team. It has full financial accountability for targets, setting the income and cost budget and managing reporting.
Day to day responsibilities for the Bequests and Estates Manager include:
- Developing and leading the strategic planning for the Bequest and Estates programs to maximise acquisition, retention and growth opportunities
- Work cross functionally with the Direct Marketing team to identify opportunities to conceptualise and implement bequest acquisition campaigns
- Liaise with the Philanthropic Partnerships teams to develop a cohesive strategy for supporters who are Major Donors
- Representing Cancer Council at external meetings with Solicitors and Executors of Wills
- Team management
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience managing bequest programs or Major gift programs within Not for Profit including strategy development for acquisition and growth
- Demonstrated experience managing estates, including representing the organisation at legal meetings to reach agreeable outcomes
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Ability to manage complex and sensitive relationships internally and externally
- Financial reporting and budget management skills
Please click the Apply Now button, or for further information, please contact Lyndsey Walker on 03 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retainer partner for this assignment. Any applications received directly will be forwarded to Six Degrees for due consideration.