About the company
Since establishment in 1984, Followmont Transport have grown to be one of Australia's largest family owned transport company's and preferred carrier for multi-nationals and local businesses alike. At Followmont, we care because its personal, not corporate and recognize our people are the secret to our success. We offer training opportunities to foster development and encourage our people to realise their full potential. Our team is our family, and together we have grown to a family of over 850+ team members, 1000+ vehicles and 22 company owned regional and city depots.
About the role
Join a fast paced and positive team environment that feels more like a family and is more than just a job. You will have full ownership and responsibility for branch operations; managing and leading the day-to-day people, service delivery, sales and resource requirements relating to the branch. Best suited to a motivated individual that demonstrates a high attention to detail, we are looking for a candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career within the transport industry. In return, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the best in the industry. We have a proven track record in career progression and support you by providing opportunities for training and growth within the business.
- Responsible for managing all functions across safety, operations, pallet control, people & culture, financial and sales/marketing/customer service.
- Ensuring profitability is maximized and reliability maintained in our operational services.
- Motivate and mentor staff in order to develop capabilities and grow business as we strive to succeed.
- Meet with the leadership team frequently to review performance against the company's strategic plan; reviewing monthly statistics and P&L reports.
- Lead organisational improvement initiatives through site (including technology, process and people development).
- Ensure customer focus underpins all activities and highest service levels are met.
Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to interface with clients to drive commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in developing and leading high performing teams.
- Experience leading a fast paced and high volume logistics operation.
- Safety first mindset with significant exposure to CoR and regulatory requirements.
- Strong financial and budget management.
- Ability to work hands on in day to day operations while also leading at a strategic level.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with strong analytical skills in order to review data and then communicate findings across multiple functions.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills, as well as a desire to develop and grow relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) at all levels.
- Proven ability to work across various transport platforms (Leopard, TruckMate, MT Data, etc)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in the logistics sector; overseeing a critical business unit, with opportunities to grow and develop your career.
Please apply on the link below or call Daniel Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.