About the company.
Our client has been operating for 116 years and is the leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of transportation hardware, marine seating and industrial components. Proudly Australian family owned and operated
The primary function of this position is to comprehensively manage the Queensland sales branch & team, exceed the sales budget set for the state and manage a selection of allocated Key Accounts.
- Manage, mentor and develop a high-quality sales team able to consistently achieve high performance
- Direct all Branch operational aspects including distribution, customer service, staff welfare, administration and sales
- Improve efficiencies and seek to reduce costs across the business
- Build and maintaining client relations
- Meet and exceed KPIs and sales targets and implement short and long term strategies to achieve the budgeted growth of UES product lines
- Proactively pursue new business and sales opportunities
- Solve problems for clients and customers by developing innovative and tailored sales solutions
- Be a brand ambassador and reflect company values at all times
- Take a leading and pro-active role in the maintenance and development of key accounts, and provide direction to sales staff to support the company's sales initiatives by Identifying, evaluating and managing strategic risks and opportunities
- Be responsible for employee growth through providing sound leadership in the areas of training, coaching, development and motivation.
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans as required.
- Liaise with Head Office and all stakeholders in the UES network to ensure smooth management of operations and the achievement of overall business goals.
- Monitor expenditure, including freight costs within the branch territory, also between branches. Operate within approval policy levels for all types of expenditure, including capital expenditure.
- Identify areas of improvement and propose corrective action that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the Branch and Company
- Lead or participate in special projects assigned by the General Manager of Sales
Skills and experience
The Sales & Business Manager minimum requirements
- Minimum 5 years of state or national sales management experience - Business to Business
- Minimum 5 years direct people management experience
- A proven track record in achieving sales targets and KPIs
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office and other software
- Prior experience with ERP software is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to extract meaning from numbers
- Demonstrates a desire to be hands-on and in-the-field with their sales team and customers
- Attention to detail, highly organised, honest, ethical, flexible and driven individual, who is assertive when needed
How to apply
Sound like you? Hit APPLY NOW or call David Kettle (07) 3153 9911 for a confidential discussion.