Landcare Australia has for over 30 years, raised awareness and funds to support thousands of projects designed to support natural resource management and the protection of Australia's natural environment. Working directly with communities from coastlines to the outback, Landcare Australia applies significant expertise in end to end management of a wide scope of initiatives ranging from local environmental enhancement projects to major ecological restoration programs.
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager for Landcare Australia will join a talented team of professionals based across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Partnerships, the role has both an acquisition and account management focus, allowing end to end management of partnerships to support the delivery of Landcare Australia's programs nationally.
- Identify new partnership opportunities and build pipeline to increase revenue for Landcare, ensuring alignment with Landcare Australia's strategy, values and brand
- Develop a strong pipeline of business opportunities in the corporate sector and deliver to financial targets
- End to end management of securing corporate partnerships and retaining them for the lifetime of the agreement
- Account management of some existing partners as well as securing select new partnerships
- Effective hand over of select new partnerships to other account managers
- Development of targets and budget management in consultation with the Head of Corporate Partnerships
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A strong appetite for acquiring new business and partnerships and a proven track record of building a portfolio of partnerships
- The ability to acquire and retain partners, with strong account management skills
- Extensive experience in prospecting new partners, building pipeline and delivering to targets
- A passion for the environment and practical knowledge of environmental issues, ideally with experience working in environment or agriculture sectors previously
- The ability to identify decision makers and influencers to build partnerships
- A strong business acumen that can be applied to the not for profit sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A current drivers licence and good driving record
You will be a passionate advocate for the Australian environment and Landcare, driven to succeed in raising vital funds to deliver better programs for the Landcare movement. The role will suit a highly experienced business development professional who thrives working in values driven organisations. Ideally, you will have experience working in or knowledge of carbon and other environmental markets.
This role is open to candidates in either Sydney or Melbourne. Office locations are Chatswood NSW and Melbourne's CBD.
Please click the apply now button, or for further information contact Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees Executive at Please note, responses will be from January 11th 2021.
Please note - Six Degrees are the retained partner on this assignment. Any direct applications will be forwarded to Six Degrees to review. Agency applications cannot be reviewed.
Back to job search