For over 30 years, not-for-profit organisation Kids Under Cover has been building small living spaces
for young people who are already experiencing or are at-risk of homelessness. These one- or two-bedroom plus bathroom 'studios' have been installed in over 1000 backyards throughout Victoria, Queensland, ACT and NSW. They provide the physical and emotional space at-risk young people desperately need to just… breathe. A place to call their own. Studios keep families together and young people connected to home, education and community. Kids Under Cover knows how important space isfor everybody. And that's why they started Nestd . Nestd sells architecturally designed, high quality, sustainable and affordable compact living solutions to customers with 100% of the profit from every home sold supports Kids Under Cover's charitable work preventing youth homelessness.
As the Business Development Consultant for Nestd, you will combine your passion for making a difference in the world with your experience in sales to build meaningful, transparent and honest relationships with customers from the retail, tourism and property development markets. . The role requires you to follow up leads, build networks and manage the customer journey end to end to deliver revenue. Working closely with the Social Enterprise Lead, you will use your enthusiasm, energy and drive to to help grow Nestd beyond start up phase into a self-sustaining, successful business. In return, you will enjoy a part time, flexible role with an innovative social enterprise who is passionate about providing affordable housing and preventing youth homelessness.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this Business Development Consultant role, you will have:
- A proven track record in sales or business development
- A strong determination to deliver results
- Extensive experience prospecting and driving sales leads
- A relationship driven approach which is centred around a strong work ethic and integrity with clients and colleagues
- A background in real estate, property development, aged care, construction industry sales would be preferred
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- A good understanding of marketing, brand and product management
- The ability to work remotely as well as the SE Melbourne based display site as required,
The hours for this role (part time) are 22.5 hours per week. The desired hours would be Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 3pm. This can be flexible for the right candidate.
Please click on the Apply Now button below.