- Innovative & sustainable recycling solutions for the building & construction sector
- Waste, environmental, construction or similar solutions experience required
- Career defining opportunity to make a difference, grow with the business
About the company
This nimble Aussie business has continually evolved over it's 70 year history and has a vision to make a difference to our environment. EPA licensed with a built for purpose site capable of offering innovative recycle & re-use solutions for the building and construction sector, they have invested heavily in the cicular economy and are looking for a driven Business Development Manager to join the team and develop new markets.
About the role
Working closely with the leadership team, the successful candidate will contribute to the strategic growth plan and drive initiatives to develop new markets, both in the construction sector where there's incredible growth potential through government stimulus and also increasing demand for recycled products like dirt & aggregates, timber & pulp, plastics and metals. Tender and contract negotiation, working on real solutions, building your pipeline and converting - all the elements of building a new market and developing business to achieve commercial targets.
This is a role that can really make a difference.
It's also an incredible career opportunity, as with any agile business you'll be exposed to strategy development, be empowered to win major blue chip customers and be close enough to C-suite to influence outcomes, investment and business operations. The role will grow as the business grows, providing significant opportunity to step up.
- Defining the Go-To-Market plan
- Identify and develop strategic alliances & partnerships
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (eg technical) to deliver amazing customer outcomes
- Prepare proposals, pricing and tender responses
- Lead identification, pipeline development conversion and customer management
Skills & Experience
- Business Development experience in waste, environmental, construction or similar solutions essential
- Polished & confident communication skills
- Consisent sales performance & tenure
- Strong commercially, eg contract negotiation, customer retention & growth.
- Self-driven, can work autonomously but enjoys collaborating & helping others
- Good values, builds trust & credibility - customer driven
- Learning agility - can grasp technical concepts
- Strong stakeolder management and influencing skills
- Tertiary qualifications preferred
- Ability to think out of the box & innovate
- High energy levels, loves winning business
Family feel, collaborative, inclusive and supportive. Everyone's committed to the vision and works cohesively to achive the potential the business has. Trust in each other to deliver.
- Career development & step-up opportunity
- Amazing opportunity to grow new markets & grow with the business
- Relaxed, professional team invested in your success
- A size of business you can make a big difference in
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ben Maurer via LinkedIn for a confidential discussion only suitably experienced candidates will be considered.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.