About the Company
Our client is a rapidly growing food distribution business based in the South Eastern suburbs. Due to their significant growth, an opportunity for a Buyer has become available to join the team.
About the Role
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, the Buyer will be responsible for the purchasing of finished goods to ensure the most cost effective and adequate supply of product to their customers.
- Purchasing of finished goods from local and overseas vendors and managing supplier relationships across your supplier base.
- Stock management - Monitoring and replenishing stock-levels across your product portfolio in accordance with company guidelines.
- Organizing transport and expediting of orders to ensure on time delivery of product into the national warehouses.
- Identify process improvements and support broader cost saving initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in purchasing finished goods - ideally food or ingredients
- ERP systems experience - Pronto being advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An eagerness to learn and build a career in supply chain
How to Apply
Click on the Apply button or contact Christine Armadass on 03 8613 3513 for a confidential discussion regarding the role.