About the company
Our client is a leading publicly listed organisation with manufacturing operations around the world. Their Australian operations are headquartered here in Melbourne and they have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join the team in the capacity of Buyer - Raw Materials
About the role
Reporting through to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer has accountability for ensuring that maximum value is generated for their business through effective contract negotiation and supplier management activities. Key accountability includes:
- Defining category strategy and delivering on execution for the Raw Materials spend
- Negotiating and administering contracts of supply that meet operational and functional business objectives.
- Effectively managing suppliers to ensure that mutually value adding relationships are in place for the long term.
- Building the capability of purchasing officers in the business in purchase planning and supplier management.
- Leading supplier consolidation activity both at a local and international level.
Skills & Experience
Ideally tertiary qualified in a relevant field such as supply chain or chemical engineering, the successful candidate will have had previous purchasing or procurement experience - ideally in chemical raw materials - in a manufacturing environment. You will demonstrate a high level of computer literacy and have well developed written and verbal communication skills alongside first negotiation and influencing ability.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carl Stephen on (03) 8613 3519 for a confidential discussion.