Cabrini is a Catholic, private, not-for-profit organisation and all surpluses are used to develop our services and facilities to provide the best possible care for patients and families. With nearly 5000 staff across multiple sites, Cabrini delivers services across aged care, cancer care, cardiac care, children's care, maternity, palliative care, home care, research and rehabilitation. Cabrini also supports and operates programs for marginalised people in our community. Patient care is the primary focus of our work and at the heart of all we do.
The Cabrini Foundation oversees and guides all fundraising activities on behalf of Cabrini. Cabrini receives limited support from the government or the Catholic Church. They rely on the generous support of their community through donations, grants and bequests to support the purchase of life changing medical equipment, research and innovation. This work is essential in ensuring Cabrini can continue to provide a wide range of vital healthcare services for the community as well as developing the next generation of healthcare professionals.
Cabrini is about to embark on a significant capital campaign as part of a major redevelopment. The building works will see the construction of over 150 single rooms, additional cardiac catheter laboratories and new operating theatres as well as Cancer Institute which will significantly increase the number of clinical trials undertaken across Cabrini Health.
The Cabrini Foundation Director is responsible for leading the Cabrini Foundations' fundraising activities to support the achievement of Cabrini Australia's strategy as a pre-eminent provider of private healthcare, social outreach and technology services. This includes developing a strategy to lead Cabrini Foundation's philanthropic income from the public, corporate and government sectors, consistent with the Mission and Values of Cabrini Australia. Pivotal to success is then implementing this strategy within our Catholic healthcare context. The role is a senior leadership role requiring the management of complex stakeholder relationships both within and beyond Cabrini.
Skills and experience
To be successful in the Director, Cabrini Foundation role, you will be an established philanthropic leader with strong people management skills. Donor relations is at the forefront of your experience and you will be a strategic planner across capital campaigns. You will also have:
- Experience developing and delivering operational planning and budgeting for fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in capital campaign design, development and delivery of financial targets
- Strong people leadership experience
- An exceptional track record managing major donor relationships to reach fundraising targets
- Creative development and implementation of sustainable fundraising initiatives
- Experience delivering reporting to CEO and Board
- A background in delivering to financial KPIs
- Extensive experience cultivating major donor relationships within established and new communities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships across complex organisations including partnerships with marketing, finance, IT, human resources and project management
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker at Six Degrees on 03 8613 3518 or
Please note, Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. All direct applications will be forwarded to Six Degrees for review.