About Our Watch
Our Watch is a national leader of primary prevention of violence against women and their children.
Our vision is an Australia where women and their children live free from all forms of violence. Our role is to stop violence before it starts. We work to embed gender equality and prevent violence where Australians live, learn, work and socialise.
About the role
The Campaigns Manager is responsible for leading the design, development, implementation and evaluation of high-visibility, national social marketing campaigns that raise awareness, change behaviour and engage the community to prevent violence against women and their children.
From communicating consent via disruptive social content, to developing Cannes Lions nominated bystander campaigns, as Campaigns Manager for Our Watch, you'll never have a dull day.
Drawing on your excellent stakeholder and project management skills, backed by your marketing and campaigns expertise, this is a career defining role, as Our Watch embarks on a new phase of campaigns over the next five years, with record funding from the federal government.
This role has four direct reports with scope to grow.
- A proven senior marketing and campaigns professional with extensive experience developing and managing multi-channel, integrated marketing and communications campaigns, plus a proven people leader
- Marrying your innate creativity with your analytical prowess, you will thrive on the challenge of translating complicated messaging into clear call to actions via thought-provoking, behaviour change campaigns
- Values-driven by nature, you will be proud to put your unique skills and attributes to use for this important cause, testing and developing new ways of challenging age-old attitudes and beliefs - all backed by solid evidence and research
- You love problem solving, and bring creativity to everything you do - your campaigns, your social content, and your ways of working
- You love leading change and managing a range of relationships at all levels, from leading your team, to nurturing stakeholders such as partners and funders
- While not necessarily from the prevention sector, you understand Our Watch's vision and mission, and you can see how this will motivate you to help grow Our Watch's reach, awareness and engagement. Experience working in public health, and/or community or government sectors is highly desirable, though not mandatory
Why work for us
Our Watch is strongly committed to the wellbeing of its employees. We work to continuously improve the policies and processes that ensure an engaging, safe and inclusive environment for the people who work here. Some of the benefits of working with Our Watch are:
- Commitment to work life balance for staff, including flexible hours/ ways of working
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities including paid professional development
- Wellbeing programs, such as our Employee Assistance Program
- Adjustable sit/stand desks
- Best practice parental leave
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- Innovative leave policies, such as floating public holiday leave, cultural leave and violence leave.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion. Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.
Our Watch recognises and values diversity among its staff and strongly encourages suitably qualified people from all backgrounds, especially people who have a strong understanding of intersectionality either by working with diverse population groups or a lived experience.
Our Watch is committed to increasing employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the organisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Watch encourages applications from people with disability. We want to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. If you require modifications with the application process to meet your access needs, please contact us.