About the company
Our client is one of Australia's leading retailers trading in the FMCG/consumer goods space and operating a large national retail and franchise network. This business is a well-established and iconic brand that has an impressive and loyal customer base achieving exceptional trading results and consistent store growth. They are currently looking to appoint a highly skilled category buyer to join their Merchandise team.
About the role
Reporting to the Category Buying Manager, the key focus in this role is to work collaboratively with your team and stakeholders to build assortment plans to drive sales and profitability. With a passion for innovation and identifying future market trends you will strive to secure new opportunities to drive incremental sales and expand the portfolio.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Actively contributing to the development and execution of the categories range plan
- Sourcing and selecting products both locally and overseas
- Monitoring industry trends & conducting market analysis
- Manage the buying assistant to support the required function of the role
- Build ranges that will deliver target GM$ performance and GM%
- Cost price negotiation to achieve and exceed the target margin
- Awareness of the market, competitors, current & emerging trends
- Analysis of key customer needs and product trends to develop a compelling range as well as identify business opportunities for the department
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers demonstrating solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Product development
- Manage financials including preparation of budgets, ongoing performance, analysis of promotional results and the collection of rebates and other income due
- Promotional planning and execution;
- Extensive experience in a buying or category management role within a fast-paced retailer
- Experience in sourcing product from overseas suppliers preferable
- A strong understanding and focus on the customer and using insights to drive decision making
- Product development experience
- An excellent knowledge of current market trends and a passion for sourcing beautiful, commercially viable product.
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- High computer literacy specifically in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to work quickly and accurately whist meeting deadlines
- Qualifications in Marketing, Management or Business would be highly regarded
Cultivating a culture where their people take pride in working for in the business, it is an amazing time to join as positive financial results, a clear vision and significant investment in people and culture make this an engaged and dynamic place to work. Living by the values of respect, initiative, unity, and excellence, the business has a highly inclusive workforce that embraces and promotes diversity in all respects.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion