About the company
Our client is a global FMCG business which produces high quality products across a suite of household name brands. The business is going from strength to strength which is reflected in their strong investment in the future success through the delivery of new innovation to market as well as investing into TTL marketing campaigns.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Category, the primary objective of this role will be to create and implement the category and channel strategy to achieve growth and revenue targets. The successful individual will formulate this strategy by utilising shopper, consumer and market insights from multiple platforms and information sources. Across core and emerging categories, you will create compelling customer presentations to engage key retailers and position the business as a market leader in best practice category management and customer marketing.
The role will see you support across NPD development, promo mix modelling and major range reviews for Coles / WW / Aldi.
- Build strong relationships with internal Sales / Marketing teams and retailers/customers to drive category growth opportunities and participate in range reviews
- Provide recommendations for planogramming, pricing / promotional planning, shopper marketing and portfolio strategy
- Collaborate with Brand and Shopper Marketing team to ensure Marketing plans and programs are aligned with category objectives
- Provide input into NPD process and prepare retailer NPD presentations.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role within the FMCG industry, working closley across all channels with an understanding of the complexity of the retailer landscape and diverse customers
- Strong experience working closely with IRI / Nielsen / Quantium
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional influencing and presentation skills
- Degree qualification in relevant field e.g. Commerce, Business
- Ability to operate comfortably in a matrix environment, working closely with cross functional teams
You will be an energetic, outgoing, passionate and driven candidate, able to build strong relationships and confidently present to stakeholders (both internally and with retailers). You will enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be comfortable to engage and influence with stakeholders at all levels and cross functionally. You will be comfortable working autonomously and having ownership with a hands on approach and can do attitude. You will be able to effectively navigate through ambiguity with a solutions focused approach, being adaptable to change and pivot as required, but also comfortable to prioritise your workload and not get lost in the detail.
How to apply
To apply hit the APPLY button to submit your CV. For more information contact Natalie Rogers on 8613 3577. If this doesn't sound quite right, but you're keen to keep up to date with new opportunities, jump on to the Six Degrees website to sign up to our job alerts!