About the company
Our client is a market leader in the grocery space, with a suite of leading consumer goods brands. They hold some of the biggest brands in their portfolio and hold significant market share as well as brand recognition and loyalty.
About the role
The Category Development Manager will have the opportunity to lead development and implementation of category and channel strategy to drive category growth based on shopper, consumer and market insights. You will also be responsible for managing a direct report, Category Analyst. During the contract period you support across both Coles and WW range reviews.
Reporting to the Head of Category, the primary objective of this role will be to create and implement the category and channel strategy to achieve growth and revenue targets. The successful individual will formulate this strategy by utilising shopper, consumer and market insights from multiple platforms and information sources. Across core and emerging categories, you will create compelling customer presentations to engage key retailers and position the business as a market leader in best practice category management and customer marketing.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, commerce or related field
- 4-5+ years' experience in a Category Leadership role within FMCG / Consumer Goods with significant experience in category led business planning
- Excellent understanding and experience within the grocery environment
- Revenue management experience ie: price/promotion analytics
- Prior leadership and people management experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to lead, directly or indirectly to achieve business objectives
- Experience working closely with either Aztec or Nielsen data to generate category insights
You will be a commercially minded and strategic individual with a down to earth, pragmatic and level-headed approach. You will be hardworking and natural leader who can build strong relationships both internally and with retailers, through your ability to engage, influence and build relationships at all levels. You will enjoy a fast paced, dynamic and collaborative environment with a light-hearted and friendly internal culture.
- South Eastern Suburbs location
- 3 Month Contract with an immediate start - open to part time for the right candidate
- Potential permanent placement opportunity for the right candidate
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail or Digital feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!