ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity now exists within the Marketing team for a Category Insights Manager. Reporting to the Insights Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing high impact, category based strategic insights for the marketing team and broader business to support sustainable profit growth of merchandise sales and market share.
Our client is a global force in FMCG retailing and has operated in Australia for over 30 years. Australian owned, with over 400 stores around the country, they are proud to offer consumers a compelling retail offer combining iconic brands at the most competitve prices, as part of their vision to maintain their position as first choice in customer preference for FMCG shopping nationally.
- Support the development of the Category Plan for each Category that reflects the changing needs of the business and that delivers sustainable, profitable sales
- Manage the performance and development of the Category Insight Analyst
- Deliver meaningful insight as to market share performance to understand the impact of activities and where further opportunities lie to grow market share
- Responsible for pre & post promotion evaluation and develop recommendations for future promotions
- Work closely with our supply partners to collaborate on insight generation across categories from the Australian market and the broader global market
- Provide actionable insight to the Category and Merchandising teams to pricing, ranging and promotions
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Bachelor degree in Marketing is essential
- Advanced Analytical Thinking
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Experience using syndicated scan or panel data from Nielsen, IRI or loyalty data
- Experience in conducting business analysis in the retail sector, particularly exposure to category management disciplines
- Ability to clearly communicate and influence at all levels of business
- Self-driven, highly curious and energised by the ability to drive change
- Proactively meets expectations of customers and colleagues
- Being part of a dynamic, innovative and growing business
- Strong career development opportunities
- Great training & mentoring
- Workplace giving and volunteering
- Health and Fitness Programs -Yoga, Bootcamp, Wellness Seminars.
- On-site Parking
- Free coffee and slurpee!
If this sound like you then please hit APPLY. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.