About the company
Our client is a leading Australian corporation with a large procurement function. Due to some recent changes to internal structure in their procurement team an opportunity for an experienced category manager to join their headquarters in central Melbourne has arisen.
About the role
The category manager is a critical procurement role responsible for driving sound commercial outcomes for this organisation through category planning and execution, sourcing and ongoing supplier management activity. Key accountability includes:
- Understanding spend trends, forecasts and internal stakeholder strategy to inform future category planning and execution.
- Leading the timely negotiation and development of complex supply contracts in line with strategic sourcing and broader SRM policies.
- Delivering maximum value to the organisation in a changing business environment, including cost out and cost avoidance targets.
- The analysis and review of supplier performance to inform the business and maximise service levels.
Skills & Experience
- Proven category management experience in the utilities, logistics or manufacturing sectors.
- Exposure to CAPEX from a procurement category perspective.
- Highly effective negotiation and influencing capability.
- Extensive procurement experience, with tertiary qualifications in commerce or supply chain.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on (03) 8613 3556 for a confidential discussion.