About the company
Our client is one of Australia's leading retailers operating a large retail pharmacy network. They have a well-established and iconic brand that has an impressive and loyal customer base good trading results and consistent store growth. Due to some changes across their portfolios there is an opportunity for a Category Manager to join the team, reporting into the Head of Merchandise. The culture has a strong entrepreneurial undertone and they are looking for a commercial and passionate category manager to join their team in the Melbourne office.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Category Manager to join the team and manage a large portfolio within the business that covers a number of key categories. Adopting a consumer-centric approach, they are seeking a commercial individual who is focused on data, consumer insights and driving category growth through supplier negotiations, ranging, marketing programs and private label expansion.
- Lead the category strategy to deliver sales and profit performance and market share
- Execute the customer-centric category strategy with support from the cross-functional team
- Drive range reviews, pricing, promotion, layout development and product development (private label)
- Build sustainable, long-term supplier relationships
- Influence and negotiate both internally and externally to deliver strong results for your category
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5-years' experience in similar category role within pharmaceutical or retail environment
- Sound understanding of contemporary consumer marketing and retail trends and opportunities
- Strong working knowledge of category management processes, systems and tools
- Proven ability in driving growth and managing category P&L
- High level of negotiation and relationship skills
- Ability to lead and coach an Assistant Category Manager
- Be a part of a growing company
- Great salary package
For more information contact Jo Krause 8613 3512.