About the company
Our client is a leading beauty services and retail destination, with an online and national store presence. This Australian owned business offers an unsurpassed range of leading brands whilst retaining an internal culture based on honesty and integrity. There is currently a rare opportunity to join the team in this newly created and busines critical, Category manager role.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for an essential and growing category within the business. You will manage the brands within the category portfolio and drive the go-to-market trade plan along with the marketing and operations teams and across a national store network and e-commerce trade.
* Develop strategic growth plans for categories and brand portfolio strategies across e-commerce and national store network
* Identify and develop customer-centric strategies to build market leading categories into the future
* Develop revenue and profit budgets at a category level
* Create and maintain exceptional relationships with brand partners and drive negotiations to ensure mutually-beneficial partnerships
* Manage order volumes for our e-commerce channel
* Drive the strategic trade and go-to-market calendar with the marketing and e-commerce teams.
* Ownership of the eComm Trade Calendar from a commercial point of view and develop key e-commerce trading opportunities across all brands
* Ensure category excellence by sourcing, negotiating and launching best-in-class new brands
* Responsibility for managing inventory within category for e-commerce, in liaison with Planning Manager and providing key in put on forecasting and order management.
Skills & Experience
* 5+ years' experience in a similar category manager or buying role essential
* Prior experience in retail and ideally in managing e-commerce trade is a must
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills
* Strong negotiation and sales skills and high level commercial acumen
Offering an attractive salary and incentive package with free parking, complimentary products, and product discounts. If you are a positive, solution orientated, driven individual with a genuine love for engaging with people in a vibrant and dynamic retail environment, then this role is for you.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion