About the company
Our client is a market leading ASX listed FMCG business. The organisation operates from multiple sites across several geographies, selling into diverse sales channels including export.
About the role
This is a newly created role reporting directly to the GM Procurement. The Category Manager will have end to end category responsibility for contract manufacturing services and the packaging spend. Crucial to the role will be implementing best practice sourcing methodologies / procurement processes.
The role will focus on the following
- Cost savings
- Improving quality of products
- Improve S&OP planning including forecasting
- Improviding supplier relationships
- Providing procurement guidance to the wider business to ensure compliance
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you must present with the following skills
- 5 + years of buying / strategic sourcing experience gained from a consumer manufacturing business
- Direct category experience
- Highly analytical with proven experience improving procurement processes
- Strong supplier management
- Strong contract negotiating / influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally degree qualified
This is your opportunity to join an iconic Australian organisation with an exceptional culture and proven track history.
This is 12 month fixed term contract with potential to become permanent
If this role sounds like it's for you, then we would love you to push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV. You can also contact Christine Armadass on 03 8613 3513 for a confidential discussion. Thank you.