About the company
Our client is a private equity owned FMCG organisation that has been experiencing phenomenal growth over the past few years. The business manufactures a number of well known brands sold into diverse channels including export.
About the role
This is a newly created role reporting directly to the Supply Chain Director. The Category Manager will have end to end category responsibility for the directs portfolio - including ingredients and packaging.
The role will focus on the following
- Imbedding governance and strong contract management processes across the ingredients and packaging categories
- Conducting spend analysis and working closely with internal stakeholders in developing category management plans
- Establishing performance measures for suppliers and ensuring compliance
- Cost savings
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you must present with the following skills
- 5 + years of buying / strategic sourcing experience gained from a consumer manufacturing business
- Direct category experience - ingredients, packaging or contract manufacturing
- Highly analytical with proven experience improving procurement processes
- Strong supplier management
- Strong contract negotiating / influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally degree qualified
- Ideally experience gained from multinationals
This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with a passionate team with a strong culture and values.
If this role sounds like it's for you, then we would love you to push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV. You can also contact Christine Armadass on 0401855685 for a confidential discussion. Thank you.