About the company
This business is a leading Australian corporation and has a large and complex operational network. Due to some recent changes to the internal structure in their procurement team an opportunity for an experienced Category Manager - CAPEX and Engineering Services to join their team on a initial 12 month contract.
About the role
Reporting Senior Procurement Manager, the Category Manager is a critical role responsible for driving sound commercial outcomes for this organisation through sourcing, execution and ongoing supplier management activity. Key accountability includes:
- Working with the businesses Engineering team understand project pipelines and developing RFI and RFQ's for equipment and services.
- Leading the negotiation and development of complex supply contracts in line with strategic sourcing and broader business objectives.
- Delivering maximum value to the organisation in a changing business environment, including cost out and cost avoidance targets.
Skills & Experience
- Proven category management experience in the utilities, logistics or manufacturing sectors.
- Exposure to CAPEX sourcing and ideally experience working in a project environment.
- Highly effective negotiation and influencing capability.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Extensive procurement experience, with tertiary qualifications in commerce or supply chain.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carl Stephen on (03) 8613 3519 for a confidential discussion.