About the company
Fresh food is not just a passion it is a way of life for our client who have grown to become one of Australia's most trusted grocery retailers. Their mission is to put customers at the heart of everything they do and part of their strategy for 2018/19 is delighting their customers with a new look fresh food offering.
With their commercial team growing there is a great opportunity for a Category Manager fanatical about fresh food to join their team.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Merchandise you will join a passionate team of category managers and assistants to innovate and grow the fresh food offering. You will be given the opportunity to take on a high sales volume, high profile category, creating and implementing the strategy to enhance the range, increase market share and capitalise on revenue growth opportunities.
From product selection and promotions, to category performance and profitability you will be in the driving seat of your category and will be given the autonomy to take the commercial decisions to delight your customers and deliver results. You will also be given the opportunity to lead, work with and develop a team of assistant category buyers to create future talent for the business.
Skills & Experience
You will be senior buyer/category manager with 5+ years' experience in a similar role. Through your experience you will be able to demonstrate your achievements in the following: -
* Passionate commercial trader with an exceptional track record in driving sales growth and profitability across a multi-million dollar portfolio
* Reputation as an outstanding leader, influencer and achieving exceptional results
* Highly tuned stakeholder management skills with the ability to manage complex relationships (internally and externally)
* Entrepreneurial spirit with a shrewd trader instinct
* Thriving in a fast paced, hands-on, customer focused environment
* Sharp eye for detail and have exacting standards when it comes to merchandising standards
* Exposure to KPI retail metrics and be able to interpret P&L and trading reports
* Ambitious, driven and highly motivated individual who strives to be the best
* Competitive remuneration package and STI component
* Fantastic learning and development program created for you
* Progressive and innovative retailer pushing the boundaries of traditional retailing
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Chris Barr on (02) 8024 7145 for a confidential discussion.
About the company