We are looking for an experienced categoryspecialist with a strong commercial procurement background. Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and can think on their feet, with a willingness to work autonomously to investigate new ways of doing business.
This role is accountable to undertake work that is complex in nature and quickly deliver quality results. The ideal candidate will exercise judgment to provide detailed technical, professional, and/or policy advice in relation to complex problems and assist in strategic planning, program and project management and policy development. Extensive understanding of the requirements of category management, as well as the legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin its activities is also required.
In addition to managing cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally, this role may be required to coach and lead a small operational team, and is expected to be capable of reviewing the quality of work undertaken by others within a work group. If successful, you will be accountable for organising workflow, and for making decisions in relation to their work area and team plans.
Our ideal candidate is a high calibre professional looking for a change, who might be looking to access flexible working arrangements, in particular to assist in managing caring responsibilities.
The role will involve:
- Category management planning, tendering and formation, and associated contracting activities in line with legislation, policies, processes and procedures
- Preparing and reviewing category management documentation and correspondence including commercially sensitive reports, submissions and contract change proposals
- Build and sustain relationships with clients, stakeholders and suppliers
- Analyse risks and develop, recommend and implement mitigation strategies
- Recommend and implement best practice procurement strategies and processes
- Manage projects and work plans, detailing measurable milestones and outcomes, monitor project and work progress and manage priorities
- Srouce and analyse data from a range of sources to identify trends, risks and best practice, to communicate findings and make recommendations
- Lead procurement innovation and improvement activities
Please apply on the link below or call Dan Pirrone (07) 3153 9907 to discuss the role in more detail.