This is a rare and exciting CEO role responsible for leading the launch of a new not-for-profit organisation with significant corporate, community and NFP backing.
About the company
Our client is ambitious in its goals and what it seeks to achieve for Australians. They've done significant groundwork over the last 2 years. Meeting with over 80 organisations to determine its purpose, vision and strategy in reducing prejudice, it is poised for an exciting launch campaign in 2018-2019.
The goal: to build a social movement backed by behaviour change, creating a more diverse, accepting and inclusive society.
About the role
Leading others, inspiring action and bringing likeminded individuals together to realise a shared vision will be the foundation to success in this start up NFP organisation.
- Proactively identify and develop strategic opportunities.
- Manage financial governance, risk management and provide various reports to the Board: e.g. report against strategic objectives and key performance indicators; annual report.
- Manage the day to day operations including staff management; Ensure clear accountabilities and performance measures are in place to enable achievement of operational goals.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan designed to attract sponsors/investors/donors
- Promote cooperation and collaboration with major stakeholders.
- Represent the business to the broader community
- Develop and implement a strategic PR and communications plan which maximises promotional opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience and success in a CEO or Senior Executive role preferably within the NFP and community sectors.
- Strategic thinker who can work well with the Board to deliver direction, convey clear messages and advice to Board members, and effectively implement Board decisions.
- Strong understanding of and interest in the community sector, addressing complex social, economic and environmental issues facing the Australian community now and in the future.
- Demonstrated capability in effectively leading, inspiring, engaging and managing staff and stakeholders to achieve results.
- Evidence of bringing, building, connecting and strengthening new and existing networks.
- Strong performance record of networking, communicating with and effectively engaging sponsors, donors and key stakeholders as well as a wide variety of audiences.
Please click on the apply button today.