Our client is an Australian owned player in the premium alcoholic beverages sector, based in Tasmania. With a world class distillery with significant production capacity, the brand is prestigious with national and international distribution. With an incredible story of growth thus far, the brand is a multiple gold and silver winner in international awards and has a traditional brand and heritage. They are backed by significant investment, and continually investing in capital infrastructure to allow for sustained growth into the future. They have a down to earth culture, and the organisation is based in Tasmania which offers a wonderful lifestyle of food, wine, the outdoors, schools and incredibly affordable housing compared to Melbourne or Sydney.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will play a pivotal role in driving the organisation's growth to becoming a leader in this premium alcoholic category, playing a transformational role in driving the brand and sales distribution throughout Australian and international markets. With already established relationships with the likes of Dan Murphy's, and high profile international distributors across Asia and Europe, the CEO will lead all functions including the distillery, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations. It is a smaller business, so a hands-on approach is required.
- Lead the growth globally and locally to drive this premium Australian liquor brand that is in category growth
- Transform the company and its brand into a compelling premium consumer brand that resonates in US, Europe and Australian markets.
- Ensure the organisation's values and mission are upheld.
- Provide the Board with accurate and timely reporting.
- Regular budget monitoring and profit and loss responsibility
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders including customers and suppliers
You must have had a track record of running an organization as a GM, CEO, MD, COO with full P&L responsibility and:
- Have worked in the packaged beverages or food, but ideally in the premium alcoholic sector
- Experience with Australian retailers (Eg Coles) plus export markets such as Europe, Asia and the USA
- Have reported to a board and ideally worked in both a large corporate, but also a smaller organisation that needs a more agile hands on approach
- Sales and Marketing functional experience
- Can inspire and bring an energetic and transformative leadership style
- Exposure to the production / manufacturing process of an FMCG brand
- Prepared to live permanently in Tasmania if you are not already a resident
What's in It for You?
- Living in one of Australia's most beautiful states (Tasmania) which is home to the arts, wine, and wonderful attractions and an ideal lifestyle
- Build on the heritage of an already established Australian premium alcoholic brand in local and international markets
- Drive innovative brand and communications initiatives
- A hands-on role across all functions, but a committed board who will invest for the future
- Resources for investment in international growth and capital development
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TASMANIAN BASED OPPORTUNITY
If you feel there is a fit based on the criteria, please feel free to contact Nick Hindhaugh, Managing Partner from Six Degrees Executive on 0422 141161 and click on the link to apply.