This organisation is one of Australia's leading industry associations. They provide a platform for suppliers, members, and associated businesses to network, seek training and education, as well as acting as a government advocacy and representation on matters of importance to the industry. This industry association has a membership base across Australia with all sizes of business from SME to large corporates, and with strong alliances with overseas Associations.
The CEO will report to the Board and shape the direction of this peak body driving purpose, strategy and agreed outcomes. A hands-on role, the CEO will be a trusted source of relevant and reliable information on related matters for the industry, media, and government.The role will manage multiple stakeholders across the retail sector and will drive advocacy at a government level, provide for strong collaboration and benefits for the members including study tours, events, and research. The CEO will also be responsible for building and leading a motivated and engaged team.
It will also be essential to create effective working relationships with the board, suppliers, international partners, and lead on all matters related to advocacy, driving connection and increasing knowledge for the members.
Skills & Experience
- MD/GM/Executive level experience gained within the professional services environment.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strategic thinker
- Exposure to government would be ideal
- Contemporary experience and exposure to marketing communications across all platforms (eg. social media)
- A highly commercial and strategic leader with experience driving operational and commercial performance improvement for the business
- Ideally experience working in complex and matrix environments with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
- Tertiary qualified
The position could be located in Melbourne or Sydney depending on the candidate's preference.
How to apply
Please click Apply Now and send a resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience relating to the skills and experience required.