The Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) represents the interests of all businesses within the Australian convenience store channel. The Association was founded in 1990 to provide a platform for suppliers, retailers and associated businesses within the Australian convenience channel to network, develop their individual businesses and the channel as a whole, whilst providing training and education for all levels of staff to maximise their potential.
The CEO will report to the Board and shape the direction of AACS driving purpose, strategy and agreed outcomes. A hands-on role, the CEO will be a trusted source of relevant and reliable information on related matters for the industry, media, and government. The role will manage multiple stakeholders and will drive advocacy at a government level, provide for strong collaboration and benefits for the members including study tours, events, and research. The CEO will also be responsible for building and leading a motivated and engaged team of contractors.
It will also be essential to create effective working relationships with the board, suppliers, international partners, and lead on all matters related to advocacy, driving connection and increasing knowledge for the members.
Skills & Experience
- MD/GM/Executive level experience ideally gained within a member based organisation or association
- Knowledge of the retail sector (ideally convenience)
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strategic thinker
- Exposure to government would be ideal
- Contemporary experience and exposure to marketing communications across all platforms (eg. social media)
- A highly commercial and strategic leader with experience driving operational and commercial performance improvement for the business
- Ideally experience working in complex and matrix environments with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
- Tertiary qualified
The position could be located in Melbourne or Sydney depending on the candidate's preference.
Please click the Apply Now button if you meet the criteria or email for any questions.