About the company
Our client with a Sydney HQ is one of Australia's largest independent health and wellness retailers (100 plus stores) with a national footprint across Australia. The health and wellness category is experiencing high growth, and this opportunity presents itself as a highly unique one for an accomplished CEO who has led a retail operation working in a franchise or member based environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will be charged with driving the highly successful strategy to drive revenue and improve profitability and return on investment. You will:
- Drive a true community offering and differentiated approach
- Build and drive the e commerce and digital strategy
- Drive improvements across the supply chain including sourcing, supplier negotiations, product development and merchandise strategies
- Work on the brand strategy and communications strategy via extensive consumer research to create a differentiated offer and private label products
- Drive improvements in systems and service offerings
- Identify new store roll outs via effective property negotiations
- Drive engagement across the entire retail network to ensure customer experience is at the forefront of the business and all members are truly engaged.
The Opportunity / Benefits
The health retail category is in high growth with increasing consumer demand and the role has the opportunity for double digit growth year on year. Further to this, there are unique opportunities for a CEO with exceptional stakeholder and member relationship skills.
The organisation has an engaged and collaborative retail operations network which will be further enhanced through a collaborative leadership style.
Experience & Skills required
To ensure your success in this role, you must present with:
- CEO level experience in a retail business in Australia, ideally within a franchise network
- Ability to work with owner operators, a hands on board
- Ideally experienced in the health, pharmaceutical, wellness, consumer products retail sector
- Strong understanding of supply chain efficiency (warehousing, logistics, 3PL, sourcing)
- E Commerce savvy (have driven transformation and growth in a direct to consumer model)
- Brand and product led
- Have driven process improvement across a retail operation with a track record of growth
- Collaborative leadership style
This is a retained search assignment being run by Six Degrees Executive and any third party resumes forwarded to our client will be sent to Six Degrees.
Please 'Apply Now' and forward your CV with cover letter outlining your experience. You can also contact Nick Hindhaugh at Six Degrees Executive at . Thank you.