The Adara Group is seeking an experienced, dedicated and energetic leader. We need someone with exceptional skills to be responsible for managing and overseeing all Adara Development operations worldwide - leading our international development work and implementing projects in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. We want someone who can build on the work done over the last 20+ years and take the work of Adara Development to the next level.
ABOUT THE ADARA GROUP
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are 'for purpose' rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development's administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
Adara reaches more than 50,000 people living in poverty each year and countless more through knowledge sharing.
The Adara Group has operations in six countries - Australia, Nepal, Uganda, USA, Bermuda and the UK. We have a worldwide team of more than 60 direct staff and 100 partner staff. We are responsible for implementing substantial development programmes that we manage on the ground through our local teams in Nepal and Uganda.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Full time, permanent position
* Reporting to the Chair and the Board of Adara Development
* Five direct reports
* Based at our Global Support Office in Balmain, Sydney
* International travel for two to three months per year
THE IMPACT YOU WILL CREATE
Working with the Global Leadership Team you will be responsible for setting and communicating Adara Development strategy and budgets, modelling and setting organisational culture, and building and leading the Adara teams. You will oversee all our development work and lead the expansion of our work, allowing us to touch the lives of more people living in poverty through best practice service delivery and knowledge sharing.
To excel in this position, you will need:
- Exceptional leadership qualities with demonstrated ability to lead a global team
- At least 5 years' experience in managing non-profit operations with a commitment to service excellence and an exceptional ability to work cross-culturally
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. international development, anthropology, social sciences)
- Experience working in international development and programme management and a deep understanding of development principals (work in Africa or north Asia would be an advantage)
- A commitment to the concept of business/not-for-profit partnerships and the ability to work with corporate partners and the Adara businesses.
- A passion for social justice and for making a difference in the world
- Flexibility, creativity, openness, kindness, integrity, fairness and an in-depth hands-on approach
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo an International Criminal Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy.
More information on the Adara Group can be found on our websites - www.adaragroup.org and www.adarapartners.org
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close on Sunday 5th May. Please hit 'Apply' or call Ivor Lloyd-Rees on 02 8024 7177