About the company
Our client is a proudly owned Australian private organisation. Operating in the business-to-business, industrial services and products sector, they have a customer service orientation at the heart of all they do. Growth has come both organically and through acquisition and through shareholders who have an entrepreneurial flair for identifying opportunities.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO has primary responsibility for managing the group finance team along with the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities. This includes financial & management accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, statutory audit and income tax preparation, treasury and foreign exchange, risk management and credit & collections. THe CFO will also form strong partnerships with external bodies such as banks and financiers.
- Deliver best practice finance leadership both strategically and operationally, ensuring the highest standards of data quality and integrity are maintained
- Lead the team to deliver commercial business partnering approach in decision support across the business
- Oversee the preparation & ensure the accuracy of the monthly executive report to Directors & CEO's
- Project manage the annual audit and tax return preparation conducted by external Chartered Accountants
- Deliver the annual budget project including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement together with associated analysis to be prepared and distributed to the Executive and Board within prescribed timeframes
- Establish and continue to build strong relationship with current financial institutions and financiers to ensure ongoing source of working capital facilities and asset funding lines.
- Develop the portfolio of finance providers to ensure the business has adequate capacity in the future to meet requirements.
- In conjunction with the CEO, lead due diligence and analysis in all corporate development activities
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal role for an experienced CFO who enjoys working in an an established business and seeking to scale further. You must be strong technically, with broad operational experience. Your sense of curiosity will drive you to understand the levers which drive profitability in a complex environment. Ideally you will come from industries which are capital intensive, with exposure to capital financing. As a leader, you are known for building strong finance teams, delivering on timely and accurate reports and well as commercial decision support. Experience working in a privately held company / family office would be highly regarded.
If this sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you.