About the company
As a champion of the "good beer movement," Balter has won numerous awards in the craft beer stakes including Best International Pale Ale at the AIBA Awards in 2017. It prides itself on using the best ingredients it can access and brewing techniques that are geared towards premium taste rather than brewing speed. It's a brand that has captured many loyal followers and continues to outpace the competition in terms of growth.
About the role
Balter's growth has been at record speed. With that comes an incredible success story and plenty of challenges. It has reinvested in its facilities, creating a perfect platform for scaling up. The role of the CFO is to add a new dimension of commercial and financial leadership to the CEO and board, ensuring that the next stage of growth is achieved.
- Lead the alignment of investment to strategy by implementing a robust strategic business planning framework, ensuring financial targets and budgets lead to long term growth
- Provide financial analysis, business case support and recommendations around capital investment decisions
- Work with the senior leadership team to analyse the operational performance of the business and identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Partner with the CEO in identifying new business opportunities that lead to growth targets
- Establish a risk management framework, including all key corporate risks such as financial controls, audit, compliance, insurances etc
- Establish best practice accounting policies and procedures, month end reporting and commentary
- Manage all finance and treasury responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- CA or CPA
- Financial leadership experience in a consumer goods business with a comprehensive understanding of operations
- Able to manage complex stakeholder and shareholder relationships
- A passionate, positive, hands-on 'self starter' who can understand the needs of a SME going through a scale up
- Agile in your approach - must demonstrate you can have impact at the strategic, commercial and operational level.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Molly Green on 03 8613 3597 for a confidential discussion.
Please note this role is handled exclusively by Six Degrees and all inquiries should be forwarded directly to us as per the details above.