About the business
Our client is an global FMCG business that is known for its brand and is famous for its values of passion and imagination within the beverage space. Consistent innovation & brand communication has been key to their success which has seen significant growth over the years. Their culture is defined by a strong entrepreneurial spirit which pushes the boundaries and thrives on challenge. Due to their immense global growth and focus on the Australian footprint, there is now a Channel Category Manager opportunity available in their Melbourne based head office.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the primary objective of this role will be to create and implement the category and channel strategy to achieve growth and revenue targets. The successful individual will formulate this strategy by utilising shopper, consumer and market insights from multiple platforms, information sources and a strong experience in the food service/hospitality industry. Across core and emerging categories, you will create compelling customer presentations to engage key customers and position the business as a market leader in best practice category management and customer marketing.
- Develop innovative in-market plans as part of brand planning to successfully deliver campaigns and initiatives TTL
- Develop & execute plans to maintain the growth core and provide visibility to amplify NPD
- End to end management of promotional campaigns
- Customer submissions- NPD & promotions
- Sales tools
- General POS
- Customer artwork requests & approvals
- Work closely with marketing, category and consumer insights to develop impactful, locally-adapted trade marketing campaigns
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, sales, category and operations to ensure seamless execution of planned activities TTL
- Develop a sound knowledge and understanding of competitors and products in the market to identify risks and opportunities for the brand and portfolio
- Management and activation lead for Trade Events
- Manage A&P budget and reporting to deliver key projects within budget, ensuring maximum ROI
- Tertiary education mandatory - Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with/within the HORECA channel
- A minimum of 3 years working in FMCG/CPG/Retail trade marketing with a demonstrable history of an ability to deliver against objectives
- Demonstrable experience in;
- Building category strategy
- First-rate trade marketing performance
- Project management and planning skills
- Delivering measurable results on-time, in full
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to understand a P&L and analyse and interpret consumer/shopper/scan data
To apply, click on the APPLY button below or call Maya Wettenhall on 8613 3510.