Our client has been established for over 50 years. However they recognise that to remain a market leader, they must embrace the future of the industry, both globally and within Australia. This means forming robust alliances with other businesses, particularly those with significant R&D capabilities focussed on innovation in the industry. They want to provide solutions, not just products to the market.
Over the next 24 months it will see the business undergo significant transformational change, and this role will be key in helping to drive this change. Technology will play a huge part in the future of the business and they are implementing an entirely new software solution for both back end and front end users. To support this, the business has significantly invested in their people to prepare them and the business for this extensive change.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the business can delivery on-time and on-budget while continuously improving their standards and techniques.
- Upon understanding the strategic direction, spend time investigating current methods versus existing or future trends, and provide strategic recommendations on how they optimise our workforce
- Identify and report to the Board on identified strategic or ad-hoc risk related to our on-site activities, with (where applicable) risk mitigation strategies
- Working with a leadership group in the business to undertake a workforce planning activity that defines the future structure of the business
- Communicate to the business once your plan is finalised on what your key initiatives will be
- Liaise with customers to gather delivery constraints and end to end build issues and work with internal and external parties to continually review and enhance solution for today and the future
- Manage teams across four states through key performance indicators
- Spend a significant time on-site to review methods and project management to understand what is working well and what needs short or longer-term improvement
- Work with the National Warehouse and Logistics Manager to identify areas for improvement/development
- Identify low, medium and high risks to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Ultimately, develop best practice techniques in the industry
- At least 10 years relevant experience, likely from an Engineering, Construction or Innovation background or a combination of each;
- Proven business acumen managing trades, suppliers and project budgets
- Knowledge of Contract Management in the building industry
- An understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- Tertiary qualifications in building/construction/engineering or a related discipline is highly desirable but not essential for the right candidate
- Experienced leader and negotiator who understands that in order to get the best out of the broader business you must be consultative and yet confident in your ability to drive initiatives through;
- Comfortable communicating with a very broad audience internally and externally to the business, and at all levels
- At a high level, ability to review and optimise processes while also considering the strategic direction of the business
- Strong influencing skills as this will be required both within and outside the business
Who you are
- Pride yourself on identifying risk even in the infancy stage of conversations
- Understand that changes are imminent, and yearn to implement international best practices
- Have a real passion for keeping abreast with what the future will bring, and enjoy nothing more than being in the company of those that embrace change
- Enjoy looking at processes and asking `why' in order to continually improve or refine them
- Enjoy a challenge and prefer working in an environment that is continually focussed on improvement
- You are not at all daunted by large scale change and helping to drive it through a business.
If you feel like you have the required experience please click APPLY NOW.
Please note that we are on annual leave until the 7th of January and will respond to candidates then!