About the organisation
Our client is a globally recognised professional body supporting the eight architect registration boards in Australia by delivering high quality, nationally consistent assessment programs on the path to registration as an architect.
The Architects Accreditation Council of Australia (AACA) was established by the architect registration boards in the 1970s in response to the need for a nationally consistent approach to eligibility for registration and the recognition of overseas qualifications in architecture. AACA maintains the National Standard of Competency for Architects which underpins all assessment processes leading to registration as an architect in Australia.
The organisation is based in Sydney, but focuses on a national approach working with the state registration boards across Australia. It has a team of under 10 and has been in a period of transformation for the last 5 years. It is now recognised as a key stakeholder in the profession.
About the role
The CEO will continue to drive its position as a professional accreditation body providing the consistent delivery of services to the various bodies and stakeholders it represents, including registration boards, government, higher education, advisory organisations, international regulators and industry bodies.
The CEO will have strategic and operational responsibility for:
- Governance and Risk
- HR and Work Safety Management
- Financial Management
- Stakeholder Management
The CEO will also be responsible for building and leading a motivated and engaged team.
It will also be essential to create effective working relationships with colleagues locally and globally, and strong leadership contribution is expected in all matters related to standards, ethics and skills development.
Skills & Experience
- MD/GM/Executive level experience gained within the professional services environment, and could be from an academic, professional services or Government background.
- Some exposure to the architecture industry would be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders ideally government/education/built corporate environment
- A highly commercial and strategic leader with experience driving operational and commercial performance improvement for the business
- Ideally experience working in complex and matrix environments with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
- Tertiary qualified
This is a unique company with a great professional but collaborative culture. We are seeking a passionate, highly energetic professional with a strong stakeholder management bent and influencing skills.
This is a retained assignment managed by Six Degrees Executive. Any direct applications sent to the AACA will be forwarded to Six Degrees Executive for review.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Nick Hindhaugh on 0422 141161